[Scribus] Adding Fonts To Scribus

Andreas Vox vox
Tue Aug 2 19:02:28 CEST 2005

Redefined Horizons wrote:
> I'm currently running Debian Sarge and the GNOME 2.0.
>
> I'm having some trouble adding fonts to Scribus.
>
> In Scribus' Font Dialog I have added the paths to the folders on my
> file system that contain fonts, but no additional fonts become
> available.
>
> What type of fonts does Scribus support? Is there an additional step
> or configuration that I am missing?

I don't think so. Scribus supports *.pfa, *,pfb (Postscript Type1),
*ttf (Truetype) and *.otf fonts, no bitmap fonts though.
Scribus 1.3 also supports Apple *.dfont and *.ttfc (True Type
Collection).

For Scribus 1.2 these fonts must lie in the toplevel of the additional
font directory, Scribus 1.3 looks also into subdirs.
In Scribus you can use "scribus -fi" to get console output about font
scanning and results.

/Andreas