[Scribus] live cd

Scott Martin scott
Tue Aug 2 18:34:07 CEST 2005

Bo?tjan ?peti? wrote:

> i'm just wondering, what is the progress on dtp live cd project?

You might also try Galantine, which is a live CD from the Garbure
project. It contains Scribus 1.2.1 (I think), and is dedicated to
desktop publishing. It also contains Inkscape, GIMP, Lyx, FontForge,
OOo, and a few other things. What's notable about this distribution is
the simple and beautiful gnome environment. It doesn't have the most
cutting edge package versions anymore, but I've found it stable and
conducive to creative work. Knoppix-based, I think.

Check it out: http://garbure.org/galantine/

Scott Martin