[Scribus] Scribus1.3.0 -- paragraph styles in incoming text.

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Aug 1 19:19:34 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 15:32 +0000, Howard White wrote:

> Character styles are not *yet* implemented in Scribus -- see the
> Roadmap on Scribus Public Wiki for a timetable. Therefore tagged
> character import can't presently work.

That's not strictly true, though it is true that (AFAIK) there's no
provision in the text filter for applying styling within a paragraph.
It'd probably be possible to have it apply some styling as it went in
much the same way the properties palette does it. That'd most likely be
ugly, hard to use, and a waste of time given the planned support for
char styles, however.

> In a related matter -- if you or others are familar with regular
> expressions, it turns out (special thanks to avox on IRC #scribus)
> that you can use regular expressions not only for search but also for
> replace in a text filter. I have implemented, among other things, a
> filter that reasonably intelligently replaces inch marks (") with
> appropriate open or close double quotes. And I am a total regex nOOb.

Yeah. Regex aren't perfect, but they're very powerful. I thought I
posted a quote converter here a while ago, but perhaps it was on a
bugnote. The QRegexp documentation is very useful for getting the hang
of Qt's specific regexp support - it uses perl-like extended regex, but
is not perl-compatible.

--
Craig Ringer