[Scribus] Legality of Font Embedding

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sat Apr 30 00:21:42 CEST 2005

On Saturday 30 April 2005 00:11, Asif Lodhi wrote:
> Hi
>
> Someone has questioned the legality of embedding fonts in PDFs and
> transporting those PDFs on other machines. I am curious about the same. Any
> comments?

There was a recent discussion WRT to the use of GPL fonts on this list. Other
than that, you will note in the licence for your fonts what the author allows
you to do with them.

However, PDFs and fonts go hand in hand and I would hazard a guess to say most
font licences would allow *you* to embed fonts you obtained *legally* and use
them for such a purpose. If theres a real issue in some situation, convert to
outlines and be done with it.

Craig