[Scribus] Scribus Live-CD

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Fri Apr 29 06:24:17 CEST 2005

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 02:34:11 +0200
Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:

> On Friday 29 April 2005 02:29, wayne wrote:
> > Just thought of an idea to create a radically stripped down Linux
> > live-CD(like Knoppix) but with only Scribus (and whatever it needs
> > to run) on it? No KDE, no Gnome, etc. Scribus would pop up
> > immediately after loading. This way Scribus could be easily
> > distributed and tried out on any intel based computer. Another
> > option would be to put only Scribus, GIMP, and Inkscape on the
> > live-CD.
> >
> > Would this be a good idea? Is there a need for such a thing?
>
> There is the need, and there is one in progress. AFAIK based on
> Knoppix.
>
> Craig

I hope, this isn't to much OT: I've found this mini distribution for USB
Flash drives (about 50-60 M):

 http://www.goosee.com/puppy/

It contains Scribus 1.2.1, Firefox (with the flash plug-in) or Opera,
Sylpheed, Skype, Fvwm95 or JWM...

Refer to this German site for a quick overview of the most important
features:

http://www.gfx-world.net/?page=news/shownews&newsid=635&setpos=News%20-%20Mini-Linux-Distribution%20f%C3%BCr%20USB-Stick

The only thing you need is a Pentium PC with at least 128 MB RAM and an USB  pen drive :)

cheers
Maciej