[Scribus] Picture and text frame problems

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Apr 25 10:51:21 CEST 2005

On Monday 25 April 2005 05:32, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> >Hi All,
> >
> >A couple of problems I'm having...don't know if they're bugs.
> >
> >Firstly with picture frames set to scale picture to frame size.
> >Every now and then, randomly, performing an action in these frames -
> >resizing, moving, locking, even just clicking on it to select it -
> >will result in the picture shrinking into the top left hand corner
> >to about 10%. Clicking again will shrink it to another 10% down to
> >near invisibility. There seems to be no way to recover the picture.
> >Going to manual scaling will enable resizing but only a pixelated
> >enlargement of the 10% size. Clearing the picture and reimporting
> >any picture into the frame in free scaling mode is OK but as soon as
> >I click the "scale to frame" option, it goes back to the tiny size.
> >The only way is to fix it is delete the frame and start again.
> >
> >Secondly, sometimes when clicking and dragging a frame from one page
> >to another the new page doesn't pick up the dragged frame and if I
> >accidently let it go, it and its contents disappear. The frame still
> >seems to exist in the page outline but with large negative X-Y
> >coordinates. Nothing I do seems to bring these back to visibilty
> >including bringing them to the front or changing x-y coordinates. It
> >wouldn't matter but sometimes the frame has part of text linked with
> >other text frames. Again, the only way to recover the text (because
> >it still appears in the story editor) is to delete the frame and
> >start again.
> >
> >Any ideas? Unfortunately I cannot reliably reproduce the behaviour.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Peter
> >Scribus 1.2.1 RPM
> >Mandrake 10.1
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> I would suggest you update to 1.2.2 cvs if possible. These are known
> issues and afaik have been solved.
>
> As a very quick workaround and if updating is not possible at the
> moment, you can try the following:
> 1. Picture: try "Update picture" from the contextual menu
> (right-click). You should see your pic reappear at the desired
> coordinates. Pixelization will go away as well (unless you are
> missing resolution which is another issue).
> 2. Text frame: try not moving it by drag'n drop but use copy/paste
> instead and make sure of where you are when you paste. Another way is
> by using the Scrapbook (select the frame then right-click to select
> "Put in the Scrapbook").

Re 2. Select the items on that page using the outline palette and then when
you see the right one appearing in the properties palette with negative
values, type in some new XY values and it will move back on the page.

Please update to 1.2.2cvs if you can and try to replicate these issues.

Craig