[Scribus] Scribus Logos

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Sat Apr 23 15:28:36 CEST 2005

>On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:30:47 +1000
>Owen <rcook at pcug.org.au> wrote:
>

>>  I made a document and inserted a 22x22 pixel version of
>>  scribusicon.png as a "trademak" for Made in Scribusland
>>
>>  However the outer black ring kind of pixellated badly so I took the
>>  scribus.svg from
>>
>>  http://www.hiddenfortress.net/clients/scribus/files/scribus.svg
>>
>>  and made a couple of new icons which can be found at
>>  http://www.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/
>>
>>  If there is already an icon for "Made with Scribus", then I apologise
>>  cos I cant find it.
>>

>Hi Owen,
>your icons look really nice -- will they stay where they are now, so we
>can link to them from the Wiki? I wonder, if you could make different
>versions of the SVG files for different purposes: the same graphic, but
>with various underlaying texts like: "Made with Scribus", "Scribus
>Friendly", etc. We could upload the PNG versions to the Wiki, make a
>wiki page with promotional material, and link the logos to your SVG
>files out there. Tell me, what you think.
>
>cheers
>Maciej

Hi,

I aknowledge the nice work and please read the following as only
constructive. :)

I have some little concerns about these icons. Tell me if I'am wrong
but aren't they based on the previous Scribus'pen that was found in
the former splashscreen? (It's so small, it's hard to tell) Also, the
mix of pen and S shape makes it difficult to "understand" at first
sight, imho. From that point of view, I prefer the pen in circle icon
as a Scribus identifier (see below). Plus, there is a need for a
black&white version. Finally, I agree we could have the choice of the
underlying text for various needs, including localization. In that
respect, the "stronger" the icon as a common denominator, the clearer
the message!

Cheers!

Louis