[Scribus] Re: Colour management...

PLinnell mrdocs
Sat Apr 23 10:03:06 CEST 2005

On Saturday 23 April 2005 06:12, Suki Venkat, [TnQ] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Regarding colour management, has anybody tested RGB printers?
> Do you guys expect these RGB-printers to take us in a position to
> say good bye to CMYK conversions? I suppose that the reduced
> colours due to ink-colour-space limitations will mean that we need
> take a look at print-preview.  In general, are RGB printers a
> better future proposition than CMYK printers? For me the advantage
> is then that it takes me closer to my ideal...to produce one-PDF
> (not one for web and one for print).
>

> Suki

Scribus 1.2.x does not have RGB print profiles, but it is already on
the roadmap for 1.3.X

RGB (mostly inkjet) printers have a different role. They are ideal for
high end photographic prints, as well as more common desktop usage.

IMO, CMYK conversions are years from disappearing. Only the newest
most advanced commercial printing systems support PDF/X-3 and even
then the operator needs to be aware of the capabilities.

Cheers,
Peter