[Scribus] Using Scribus for a Scientific Journal

Owen rcook
Sat Apr 23 02:30:47 CEST 2005

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:48:19 +0200
Cor Pernot <c.pernot at chello.nl> wrote:

> The last weeks I dived into Scribus to see if we could use it for preparing a
> Scientific Journal. Our conclusion is evident, Scribus is a perfect tool for
> the job! We would like to start with Scribus for the next volume (4).
> Now I would like to make a short statement in the colophon that this Journal
> is type-setted with Scribus.
> Something like:
> This Journal is made press-ready with the help of Scribus, an Open Source
> Desktop Publishing application for Linux (www.scribus.net)

I made a document and inserted a 22x22 pixel version of scribusicon.png as a "trademak" for Made in Scribusland

However the outer black ring kind of pixellated badly so I took the scribus.svg from

http://www.hiddenfortress.net/clients/scribus/files/scribus.svg

and made a couple of new icons which can be found at http://www.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/

If there is already an icon for "Made with Scribus", then I apologise cos I cant find it.

Owen