[Scribus] Usability, feature comments?

PLinnell mrdocs
Fri Apr 22 21:39:28 CEST 2005

On Friday 22 April 2005 20:59, Alastair Otter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a publisher of an open source software magazine in South
> Africa. I would love to produce my magazine using an open source
> application, but right now the proprietary applications I use offer
> me a range of features and usability options that I can't find
> anywhere else.
>
> My question: where would it be most appropriate to make suggestions
> regarding usability and features in Scribus? This list or is there
> a better forum?
>
> Alastair

Hi,

Welcome.

The best place to look is first our roadmap here:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/1.3.x_Roadmap
and
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/1.3.x_Roadmap_Extras

If we missed anything: http://bugs.scribus.net

The current 1.2.x versions are 'stable' and are mostly feature frozen.

We have started the long road to Scribus 1.4 which will aim to add the
major pieces which will make it especially publisher friendly.

Already there is Scribus 1.3.0cvs which is 'alpha'.. mostly stable and
working, but *not* yet suitable for production use. A quick look at
it will give you the general direction and new features.

That said, there is very much a 'community' here and a very lively IRC
channel also.

Cheers,
Peter