[Scribus] Colour management...

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Apr 22 03:07:13 CEST 2005

Asif Lodhi wrote:

> Lastly, I am a small-time not-so-well-off guy and don't have a printer
> at my home.  Everytime I have to run to the nearest
> wordprocessing/composing shop and get the stuff printed -  that,
> almost always, doesn't give me the quality I want.

Ok, now this is all starting to come together.
At least part of what needs to happen is you need to have some kind of
working relationship with these shops.  We've had these kinds of
discussions before.
If nothing else, I think this illustrates the value of giving more
specifics about your needs.  Sometimes there are work-arounds.  You have
to consider that you will do all this work and still be disappointed.
There are some very knowledgeable people involved with Scribus as far as
print shop issues (I'm not one of them).  The more specific questions
you ask, the more they can help.

You're no doubt in a little bit of a fugue state -- you need to settle
down and not try to eat the whole thing at once.  If you're talking
about a resume, surely the color management issue only involves a
portion of what you are trying to accomplish.

With Latex, you need to scrounge a book somewhere -- borrow one, find
one in a library, I don't know.  The online stuff in 'info latex' in a
sense has all the information, but it's very hard to learn from, better
as a resource after you already know quite a bit.

Greg