[Scribus] speed problem once more

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Apr 21 21:43:36 CEST 2005

On Thursday 21 April 2005 21:33, kuba wrote:
> Dnia wtorek, 19 kwietnia 2005 02:51, Marvin Dickens napisa?(a):
> > >
> > > Scribus is robust, fast, even with 1000 fonts installed. You say
> > > PageMaker in Windows is fast on your same machine? and Scribus is slow
> > > in screen writes?
> >
> > Perhaps it would help to run top, k system guard or whatever your choice
> > of system monitor is to see what process(es) are possibly eating up
> > system resources (ie memory, cpu cycles and etc...).
>
> i run kde sys guard.  to be sincere i'm not sure how to take usefull info
> from it. in table of processes "user %" for scribus rises to about 90% when
> i'm moving pages with lot of text. i don't know if it tells anything...

I think its been said before. Yes, we know there are some speed issues
sometimes, especially with various situations with regards to text.

At this point there is no need for any particular reports on this. It will not
be fixed in 1.2.x. We have plans for various rewrites in 1.3.x that should
alleviate these issues.

regards
Craig