[Scribus] Big problem with RGB-image

Samudra Reiher maillist
Thu Apr 21 17:02:22 CEST 2005

PLinnell schrieb:

>>>What does this mean. Will there be an RGB-image inside a
>>>CMYK-Print-PDF, when I do not use colormanagement?
>>>

> No. Absolutely not true. When you select"print" as the destination in
> the PDF exporter. It converts all colors to CMYK. It does this very
> reliably.

Sorry for my wrong information. After an look at the source code can see
the conversion.

I have made a few tests in past with RGB images in CMYK-Pdfs (without
colormanagement) and print them on my calibrated proof system, the
images looks horrible, because the conversion is only made mathematical,
not against an ICC profile.

A big sorry
Samudra