[Scribus] Big problem with RGB-image

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi
Thu Apr 21 16:40:02 CEST 2005

Hi Jan

I am a new Scribus user - so, list's expert users, pardon me if I utter
anything incorrect! AFAIU, if Scribus embeds an ICC profile in your document
then the printer device correctly understands/translates the RGB color to an
equivalent CMYK one. I read in the docs that compression is not at all
desirable when it comes to printing. Further, I also read in the
documentation that JPEG is not a very good file format when it comes to
printing and that TIFF is the most recommended, doesn't compress
unnecessarily, and that PNG format is good for taking screenshots (if you
don't scale screenshots - or don't re-sample when scaling the screenshots).
I have also read the caliberating your monitor and printer is also very
important for good results. Am I wrong when I say that having the target
printer device's profile is very help? I did read something like somewhere
in the docs but would anyone on the list, please, explain the logic behind
it once again (i.e. having the target printer's profile)?

Best regards

Asif

On 4/21/05, Jan Ulrich Hasecke <janulrich.hasecke at web.de> wrote:

> Am 21.04.2005 um 14:53 schrieb Samudra Reiher:
>
> > Scribus does no image conversion between RGB and CMYK.
>
> What does this mean. Will there be an RGB-image inside a
> CMYK-Print-PDF, when I do not use colormanagement?
>
> Stupid question, but I am not too familiar with print jobs.
>
> I 'll send you a url with my jobs via PM.
>
> Thanks for your help
> juh

Best regards

Asif Lodhi