[Scribus] Re: Can't get colour management working (was: URGENT)

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi
Thu Apr 21 16:24:18 CEST 2005

Hi guys!

I installed the development package rpm of lcms from Fedora's Extras
(
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/3/i386/lcms-devel-1.14-1.i386.rpm),
re-configured/make/make-installed scribus, installed tutorial, copied
profiles to /usr/local/lib/scribus/profiles as well as ~/.scribus/profiles,
started the scribus again but haven't yet gotten lcms support in scribus
working.

Yes. Now there is no asterisk being displayed after the Build ID in the
Scribus' About DialogBox and I see "C-C-T" after the Build ID instead of
"*C...." (which was displayed after the About Dialog's Build ID previously).
In addition, when starting up and displaying the spash screen, I now also
partially see a "...ICC Profiles" message at the bottom of the splash in
addition to many other messages that rattle past. However, I cannot see any
color management option anywhere in Scribus. I am following Bhushan's
excellent tutorial and at the initial "Get Picture ..." stage, when I select
the "Image" option from the picture's properties dialog, nothing close to
color management appears in the properties dialog. I thoroughly searched
each and every option in Scribus to find the configured ICC profiles support
but in vane. I wonder what I am doing wrong! Do I need to reformat my hard
disk, install FC3 from the scratch and then freshly install lcms and
Scribus?

Yes, I have these files in the "/usr/local/lib/scribus/profiles" and
"$HOME/.scribus/profiles" directories:
CMY.icm, ITUFAX.ICM, LCMSLABI.ICM, LCMSXYZI.ICM, MONOSCNR.ICM, SRGBSPAC.ICM,
YCC601.icm, YCC709.icm, lcmstiff8.icm, sRGB Color Space Profile.ICM,
Tifflab8spac.icm, tr01_d50.icm - I can't tell an ICC profile file from a
CMYK one but the above-mentioned filenames suggest that I have one CMYK and
one sRGB profile installed - at least - as pointed out earlier on this list.

I would genuinely appreciate your advices and recommendations.

I have given up. I will pray to God for you guys if you help me get Scribus
working! :)

Thanks and regards

Asif