[Scribus] missing cygqt-mt-3.dll file

Alex Brooks askoorb
Wed Apr 20 14:42:22 CEST 2005

Hi there (especially to mrdocs from irc)

On any new cygwin install of scribus from the instructions over at
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Installing_Scribus_on_Win32 there is a
failure.  It is probably best if I just paste most of the discussion
from the wiki into this thread...

"

(I'm a n00b at this, so don't know if this is cygwin related or Scribus
install) Installing from binaries. Everything looks and installs fine.
However, last step (/opt/scribus/1.2/bin/scribus.exe &) causes this
error, stating that the "cygqt-mt-3.dll was not found. Reinstalling may
help." Reinstalling has not helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks. --Kevinism 13:59, 11 Mar 2005 (UTC)

Are you sure you have Qt3 installed? --jo-hannes 15:14, 15 Mar
2005 (UTC)

It may be that the path isn't set. Try the following:

Create this script by copying the following lines into a bash shell and
enter RETURN and CTRL-D to close the cat command. (watch for line
breaks)

cat >/etc/profile.d/qt33.sh export QTDIR=/opt/qt/3.3 export
PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH export MANPATH=$MANPATH:$QTDIR/doc/man

At last you should reread the environment to activate this settings for
your current bash shell with
. /etc/profile

"

Unfortunately, this fails (for the entire cat output see the wiki,
though it basically boils down to "No such file or directory "), which
makes me think that this is a PATH problem, possibly caused by some new
stuff in cygwin.

It can be overcome in the short term by typing:

cd /opt/scribus/1.2/bin ln -s
/opt/qt/3.3/bin/cygqt-mt-3.dll
THEN try launching.

But if the path is broken, this could be causing problems elsewhere.

As I never got a full cygwin install without this, could someone who
knows what Scribus should be like on cygwin, test this and see if it has
broken something.

Please note that I have modified the main install guide to put these 2
lines of code in. It should now work, with any luck.

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex