[Scribus] font management?

Craig Ringer craig
Sun Apr 17 17:28:37 CEST 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 08:04 -0700, frank gaude' wrote:

> Does Linux have a problem with installing 1000 fonts at one time, with
> speed or other things?

I have a bit over 2000 installed on my system at the moment and haven't
noticed any issues. Scribus takes a while to load, since it processes
each font with freetype at start-up (We might need to look into a
"psfontname cache" or something), but it's not unbearable. Most other
apps load fonts on demand only and don't need to prescan them, so they
don't even seem to care that the system has oodles of fonts installed.

--
Craig Ringer