[Scribus] font management?

Peter Nermander peter.nermander
Sun Apr 17 12:32:13 CEST 2005

> Anyway... re rm, I imagine he's just removing hardlinks or symlinks, so
> it doesn't strike me as an issue and never really did.

If I didn't understand things wrong from the description, fontlinge will MOVE fonts. So you have to be very careful about where you tell it to get fonts from.

I think it is not intended to be used with system fonts (because moving those will give problems).

One option I'd like to see in Scribus is the ability to exclude the system font directories. As it is now I can add additional font directories, but for the system fonts I will have to disable them one by one if I don't want them to show up.

So better ways to disable/enable fonts (and groups of fonts, with user defined groups) in Scribus would probably give what most people would like.

/Peter