[Scribus] Please participate in a study of online conversation

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Apr 16 16:37:29 CEST 2005

Ka-Ping Yee wrote:

>Hello.

...and so forth.

Perhaps we're all jaded a bit (or maybe it's just me), but it would be
nice for those with academic/commercial/(academic + commercial?)
interests like this to take the time to find out what the initiators or
members of a list think about this concept before just barging in.  It's
a bit like having a private conversation with friends, when someone
joins in, and the next thing you know, they're asking about what kind of
cars or movies you like, and whether you would consider this brand or title.

In the era of spam and phishing, there really is no good way to
authenticate who someone like this is and whether they are representing
themselves honestly.

A brief scan of the CGI form suggests that this has something to do with
marketing research for thread-tracking software.

Greg