[Scribus] Update Scribus 1.2.1

Craig Ringer craig
Sat Apr 16 08:11:00 CEST 2005

Russ wrote:

>Just to let you know 1.2.2cvs is installed and working but it still does not
>appear to import a OpenOffice .sxd document.

OpenOffice document support requires libxml and its headers, which you
may not have installed. Installing them then re-configuring and
re-compiling should do the trick.

The feedback on dependencies, and the documentation about dependencies,
is improved in 1.3 but I haven't been game to backport the configure
changes. We do probably need to add more detail on basic dependencies to
the README though.

>Also when I try open a PDF file under Picture it does not open. They
>are PDF 1.4. I'll search the archieve tomorrow on this.

Now that's odd. Do you have GhostScript installed? If not, you'll want
to get GhostScript 8, preferably 8.15 or newer.

--
Craig Ringer