[Scribus] Update Scribus 1.2.1

Russ russbucket
Sat Apr 16 04:37:52 CEST 2005

On Friday 15 April 2005 05:01 pm, PLinnell wrote:
> <snipped>
>
> > I installed all the programs I was missing and reran ./configure. I
> > now get this error:
> >
> > checking for _NSGetEnviron... no
> > checking for vsnprintf... yes
> > checking for snprintf... yes
> > checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please
> > check your installationand add the correct paths!
> >
> > This is the first cvs I have ever installed and am relatively new
> > to Linux.
>
> We all were.. it is sometimes difficult starting, but once you climb
> the hill, you see the light :)
>
> >What is X and where do I need to add the paths? I looked
> > at the config files but did not see a reference to X. I do have
> > CUPS-devel and openssl-devel installed per the readme file.
> >
> > If you can give me a hint I'd be greatful.
>
> If you well and truly get stuck, I will build 1.2.2cvs rpms for Suse
> 9.1 tomorrow Europe time.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

Just to let you know 1.2.2cvs is installed and working but it still does not
appear to import a OpenOffice .sxd document. It is a combination of text and
graphic. Also when I try open a PDF file under Picture it does not open. They
are PDF 1.4. I'll search the archieve tomorrow on this.

Thats again for all your help, you would never see that kind of help from M$.
--
Russ