[Scribus] font management?

Paraplegic Racehorse paraplegic_racehorse
Fri Apr 15 14:30:03 CEST 2005

Paraplegic Racehorse wrote:

> I can't seem to find anything out there for managing fonts. Here, I'm
> referring to managers such as Adobe Type Manager or Extensis Suitcase.
> Suggestions? Ideas?

Okay. Work has been slow tonight, so I did some more extensive digging
and managed to find two projects that appear to hold some potential:

Hamster Font Manager ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/hfm/ ) - this
looks unmaintained for some time. Anyone in the area of Universit?t
Stuttgart interested in introducing the authors to Scribus and suggest
that it would be useful to renew the project?

Gnome Font Cluster Manager (
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gfclusterman/ ) - this one holds more
promise, having released files just last month. Worth tracking, anyway.

I haven't actually installed or tested either one, though I plan to very
soon. My font collection is rapidly growing and I feel the need for
better arrangement and a versatile manager.

Added new section to Scribus Links on wiki with links to fontlinge,
gfclusterman and hfm.

--
__
Faster than a speeding slug!