[Scribus] font management?

David Bolack dbolack
Fri Apr 15 14:06:35 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 20:50 -0800, Paraplegic Racehorse wrote:

> Thanks, guys, that will work for a start. If I could write code to save
> my life, I'd start work on a proper font manager. With Scribus and
> OpenOffice.org more or less to a professional state, it is high time
> someone started building the rest of the tools common in a production
> environment.

I am in process of writing such a tool, influenced mostly by Bitstream
Font Navigator.   It uses a Single Font or Font Collection
install/uninstall methodology and I plan on lib'ing it so it could be
possible for other applications to do the appropriate font
install/uninstall.

At this stage it's still all commandline tools and really ugly code from
someone self-taught on the cusp of K&R and the first ISO C. :)

--
David Bolack <dbolack at electricmulch.com>