[Scribus] what to do about the color palette?

Dave Crossland d.crossland
Tue Apr 12 09:40:15 CEST 2005

On 10 Apr 2005, at 03:00, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> One of the things I have been hoping would change at some point is the
> way that colors are presented.

:)

<http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1708>
Reported By:                dave
Assigned To:                subik
Project:                    Scribus
Issue ID:                   1708
Category:                   User Interface
Reproducibility:            N/A
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2005-02-21 07:32 UTC
Last Modified:              2005-04-01 10:37 UTC
A color picking dialog that informs designers about harmonic color
combinations would be a welcome addition for students learning practical
color theory for profesional DTP, although may not be too useful for
seasoned pro's, who would probably scoff at such a feature, or complete
novices who may prefere a 'crayon box' style color-naming interface.
Even
complete novices may find it useful, however, if a good explanation of
how
& why to use it is in the docs :) A perfect example I use in webdesign
work
is at http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html

  subik - 05-Mar-31 14:58
The first version of the "color wheel" is available in 1.3cvs (menu
Extras/Color Wheel). It isn't finished yet - so I'm avaiting comments
and
feedback.
Write your oppinions here please.

docs and theory:
More on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_wheel

  jo-hannes - 05-Apr-01 10:37
great idea to add this. the selected color should always be shown by a
small circle in the color wheel, not only before and after releasing the
mouse button.

Issue History
Date Modified  Username       Field                    Change
05-Feb-21 07:32dave           New Issue
05-Feb-22 07:54subik          Status                   new => assigned
05-Feb-22 07:54subik          Assigned To               => subik
05-Mar-31 14:58subik          Note Added: 0004028
05-Mar-31 14:58subik          Status                   assigned =>
feedback
05-Apr-01 10:37jo-hannes      Note Added: 0004030

Regards,
dave