[Scribus] Gray values on different printers

Eilert eilert-sprachen
Mon Apr 11 10:37:51 CEST 2005

Hi folks,

It seems my question didn't get through to the list on Friday, so I am
repeating it here:

Just wondering wether there is a chance to "calibrate" the different
printers' output here.

When I work with e. g. Scribus here in the office, I'll use the office
printer for test printing. When I output on the big copier, however,
gray tones won't fit anymore (much lighter).

Could someone give me a hint where I can find something like a printed
standard gray so I can compare and adjust the two printers a bit? It
doesn't have to be professional, just want that the two come nearer to
each other.

Just adjusting one of them won't do, I think, because I might be
misadjusting the grays completely then. What I need is a good sample to
rely on.

Rolf