[Scribus] relative save and get location

PLinnell mrdocs
Sun Apr 10 21:03:51 CEST 2005

On Sunday 10 April 2005 20:06, John Griessen wrote:
> How would I save to a location relative to the dir I start scribus
> in? It seems to stay at the last used value for save location, get
> image file location, etc.
>
> John Griessen

That is correct and for most folks in DTP that is a *highly* desirable
behavior. Inkscape added that a while back as a user convenience.
Thinking of other OS's the default to silliness like 'My Documents'
all the time is rather annoying.

You also have the option in Scribus to set default directory for
saving different from your home directory. Not surprisingly, mine is
set to $home/Documents/bugs (for testing)

Settings > Preferences > General > Paths

> PS  this kind of operation would be natural for any command line
> tasks also.

However, Scribus is not a command line tool. Personally, I could care
less if it never did, but for other users, that is a long standing
request and will probably happen sooner or later. There are more than
a few things which need to be done before this is possible.

> Craig Ringer wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 20:07 -0400, Pierre Laplante wrote:
> >>Is it possible to run scribus from a command line interface?
> >
> > Not yet.

Cheers,

Peter