[Scribus] 1.2.2 is coming.. pre-announce string freeze

Andreas Vox vox
Sat Apr 9 19:10:26 CEST 2005

mrdocs wrote:
> Here is the grand plan right now:
>
> 1) We're combing through bugs.scribus.net and picking off the ones
> which are true bugs and fixes will not affect stability.
>
> 2) Our guess right now is we will make a definite string freeze
> announcement sometime in the next week or so.
>
> 3) We may or may not have an RC release candidate.
>
> 4) Final release in early-mid May.
>
> The main focus is stability, fit and finish. While 1.3 has nice new
> goodies, it is not stable enough nor is the file format finalized for
> production work.

Concerning typographical quotes: How much effort would it be to
duplicate the Menu entry "Insert Non Breaking Space" for the
four missing typographical quotes?
Would also be nice to have an option to change the actual symbols
according to language if there's a simple way to implement it.

For 1.3.0 it should be possible to adapt the shortwords plugin,
after all it's just search and replace.

/Andreas