[Scribus] CinePaint

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Apr 6 05:10:00 CEST 2005

PLinnell wrote:

>That said, I think it is important to understand we on the Scribus
>team do NOT want to take sides discussing GIMP and Cinepaint, nor
>should it be a topic here...

On the other hand, it's at least debatable whether the 'Scribus team'
has the final say in what gets discussed.
I don't mean this as an absolute contradiction to what Peter is saying,
but really, some of the more interesting discussions on the list have
been these sidetrips.  At least they're not discussing browsers or
file-sharing programs.
It's good to see people like Robin joining in.  In keeping with the
'tradition' of the Scribus list (such as it is), it's all been civil,
yet some definite opinions get shared.  Sometimes we need to understand
why Gimp can't be more like Cinepaint, or vice-versa.

Greg
(not a Scribus team member)