[Scribus] pdf and helvetica font

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Tue Apr 5 23:43:41 CEST 2005

Craig Ringer wrote:
>>-I'm trying to upload a pdf generated with scribus  to vistaprint.com
>>but they complain about the  helvetica font not being supported by
>>them.  I'm not using any helvetica in my document in scribus but
>>somehow it always ends up in the generated font as a custom type 1
>>font. I don't have any helvetica installed on my system.
>

> Now, this _is_ odd. I've been wondering where the "phantom" fonts in
> Scribus's exported PDFs come from before, but never looked into it. I
> just exported a *blank* document, and Acrobat Reader thinks the
> resulting PDF uses ZapfDingbats and Helvectica (but does not embed
> them).
>
> I'd be interested in knowing why this happens myself, as I don't have
> the time to dig into the source to find out right now.
Fixed that odd behaviour tonight in both development branches. Both
Acrobat Reader 5 and 7 do no longer report these fake fonts.

For Craig to know, it was caused by an entry in the Fields dictionary
of the PDF files, as soon there is an /DR entry pointing to a Ressource
dictionary, even when this is empty causes Adobe Readers to report these
nonexisting fonts.

Franz Schmid