[Scribus] pdf and helvetica font

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Apr 5 14:57:52 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 15:45 +0200, Farid Elyahyaoui wrote:
> two questions:
> -is there a forum for scribus?

No, there isn't. I'm not really fond of the idea anyway personally - I
think mailing lists are typically a much better way to do things. There
are already a lot of places to keep track of when it comes to
communication about Scribus, so I'm not sure it'd really we warranted to
add another one anyway.

> -I'm trying to upload a pdf generated with scribus  to vistaprint.com
> but they complain about the  helvetica font not being supported by
> them.  I'm not using any helvetica in my document in scribus but
> somehow it always ends up in the generated font as a custom type 1
> font. I don't have any helvetica installed on my system.

Now, this _is_ odd. I've been wondering where the "phantom" fonts in
Scribus's exported PDFs come from before, but never looked into it. I
just exported a *blank* document, and Acrobat Reader thinks the
resulting PDF uses ZapfDingbats and Helvectica (but does not embed
them).

I'd be interested in knowing why this happens myself, as I don't have
the time to dig into the source to find out right now.

--
Craig Ringer