[Scribus] Scribus and CinePaint

Robin Rowe rower
Tue Apr 5 21:46:25 CEST 2005

Steve,

> Hi Robin, it's nice to see you here.

Nice of you to say. Honestly, I feel like I'm hogging the bandwidth here and
should get back to work.

> I wish CinePaint could have went with QT as it would have made for more
> common-ground with not only Scribus but the greater QT development
> community as a whole.

Starting next year, I anticipate others will create independent GUI
front-ends for CinePaint based on other toolkits much like has happened with
Xine (FLTK, GTK, Qt, SDL). Our new CinePaint architecture that separates the
interface will make doing that much easier. We're very embracing of
contributions.

FLTK is the best choice for our core studio CinePaint constituency for
reasons that have already been discussed at length elsewhere.

> Maybe you could facilitate filling that gap for publishing and usability
> mentioned?

I'm already doing that with people who are reasonable and want to work
together in harmony. In fact, that's why I'm here.

Cheers,

Robin