[Scribus] Docbook XML import

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Apr 5 15:44:32 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 07:19 -0600, Phil Hughes wrote:
[snip]
> We use a special tag for instructions to the layout person for such
> things as placement of graphics. Because Linux Journal has ads in it,
> we really need a human to deal with graphics placement, whether an ad,
> a pull quote or a tip would be the best to fill a page and such. We
> also have multiple page templates (in particular, two and three column)
> that the layout person selects based on the size of a graphic or need
> to include a block of text, for example.

It sounds like you're really mainly interested in the import of text, in
which case Tsoots' gettext API will provide you with a much nicer API to
do it.

The Python interface would probably be of more interest if you needed to
do layout, place graphics, etc. It doesn't sound like that's really
required.

--
Craig Ringer