[Scribus] no print in scribus

PLinnell mrdocs
Sat Apr 2 00:36:52 CEST 2005

On Saturday 02 April 2005 00:08, Bart Alberti wrote:
> Ok. Thanks for the vigorous discussion. Sorry to be obtuse. I print
> now Ok in SuSE9.2 in CUPS (since SuSE dropped support for LPrng,
> although legacy configurations such as mine still worked and I was
> beating my head trying to go on using the old system) also in
> Acrobat pdf exported from scribus. However I do not print from
> scribus but get
> with C-C-T-F showing in ./configure output.
>

> bart at kissling:~/Scribus> scribus
> Error: /undefined in --get--
> Operand stack:
>    FontName   --dict:10/11(L)--   --dict:10/11(L)--   FontName
> Execution stack:
>    %interp_exit   .runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
> --nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   --nostringval--
> --nostringval--   --nostringval--   false   1   %stopped_push   1
<snipped>

FontName   --dict:10/11(L)--   --dict:10/11(L)--   FontName

 --nostringval--

This is a generic error from Ghostscript that it cannot find the fonts
named in the postscript stream.

I recommend installing all fonts not installed via rpm to be installed
via kfontinstaller if you are using KDE, as it creates GS Fontmaps.

> I do notice there is a big gs foomatic command for printing through
> gs from http://www.linuxprinting.org under google-->canon bj-200
> linux printer ppd <etc>.
> gs -q -dBATCH -dPARANOIDSAFER -dQUIET -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=bj200
> -r<Resolution> -c "<</PageSize[<PageSize>]/ImagingBBox
> null>>setpagedevice" -sOutputFile=- -
>
> You may notice the generous upgrade from ghost script 7.07 in SuSE
> 9.1!

Upgrading from 7.07 to GS 8.1x and include CUPS support is a huge task
and we all can thank Till Kammpeter and Mike Sweet from CUPS for the
upgrades when the distros start shipping it.

The internal color model of GS is change and thus supporting those
hundreds of printers with CUPS requires a lot of driver porting.

Peter