[Scribus] Catalan translation

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Tue Sep 28 02:25:13 CEST 2004

? (At) 21h48 +0200 27/09/04, Maciej Hanski ?crivait (wrote) :
>On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:08:58 +0200
>Xavier Sala Pujolar <utrescu at xaviersala.net> wrote:
>
>>  The catalan translation of Scribus are stopped several months ago. I'm
>>  a native speaker of catalan and I can do it.
>>
>>  Can I start now?
>>
>>  Salut,
>>
>Hi,
>if you go to the feature request 1066 (
>http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1066 ), you'll find an updated TS
>file for your language  there, so you can just open it in QT Linquist
>and start translating without any delay.
>
>br
>Maciej

Hi,

I sure don't want to interfere and introduce any kind of further
delay but I remembered a message back in May from the translator for
Spanish. Here is the message :

>>Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 13:02:27 +0200
>>From: Josep Febrer <jfebrer at inicia.es>
>>Subject: Re: [Scribus] Translations (thread former known as"French
>>	Translation")

[snip]

>>A Divendres 30 Abril 2004 14:20, Maciej Hanski va escriure:
>>  > #   These files were last updated  before the release of Scribus 1.0
>>  >
>>  > Jun 30  2003 scribus.no_NO.po
>>  > May 13  2003 scribus.tr_TR.po
>>  > May 13  2003 scribus.lt_LT.po
>>  > May 13  2003 scribus.galician.po
>>  > May 13  2003 scribus.es_ES.po
>>  > May 13  2003 scribus.ca.po
>>  > May 13  2003 scribus.bg_BG.po
>>
>>I'm the spanish and catalan translator, and I'm currently updating both
>>translations. I hope that they will be ready for Scribus 1.2.
>>Sorry for the delays, I was trying to update them in the past, but for some
>>reason I couldn't finish them, but now I think that an unfinished updated
>>translation is better than a really outdated one.
>>
>>Have a great day,
>>Josep
>>--
>>Creer que un enemigo debil no puede da?arnos, es creer que una
>>chispa no puede
>>incendiar el bosque.
>>		-- Saadi.

If any work has already been done, maybe this could help Xavier Sala to start.
Sorry in advance if this has been already sorted.

I wish you a good translation!!!

Louis