[Scribus] svg file exported from openoffice could not import to scribus 1.2

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu
Mon Sep 27 11:07:31 CEST 2004

Craig Bradney wrote:

>>However I am pretty upset because my reported bugs related to CJK are
>>marked "resolved/won't be solved" because "scribus currently not support
>>CJK officially", may I suggest just to lower down the bugs' priority and
>>to keep them there as reminders instead of closing them? Because scribus
>>will support CJK some day I think. This is another story though.
>>

>Bug 1055 has neither been closed or resolved.

Sorry, I thought about #1046 and I didn't notice it's merged into #1055.

>The fact that CJK fonts are
>usually huge just means that Scribus needs more memory when using these
>fonts. For that reason you may need a higher level of CPU or memory. 7000
>glyphs is a lot, and maybe we can optimise Scribus' usage of these in the
>future, but still, you may just need a higher level PC.

Consider it a feature or a bug, it's pretty important for all CJK users.
7,000 glyphs is not a lot for my other DTP tools, I could use FangZheng
font (comes with default micros~1 office installation) in micros~1
publisher, which contains more than 70,000 glyphs, runs on less than
128MB PC. What high level PC could we suggest to people who have to use
big fonts? The font file used in Chinese banks and hospitals could
contain close to 100,000 glyphs, I don't consider them special users. I
hope you understand I am not flaming (and trying to be friendly). I,
like everyone else on the list, wish scribus grows really powerful and
flexible:)