[Scribus] First issue completed but scrolling speed is a major issue

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Mon Sep 27 10:20:17 CEST 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:02:34 +0200, Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:
> Another thing you can try, is, dont use Automatic Text Frames and import the
> text into the first frame, place any ads, then link the next frame in, place
> any ads. If the text is overflowing in a frame Scribus doesnt have to draw it
> anyway so you should gain a lot of speed there.

By george, I think you're onto something there.  Even if the
commercial ads are already in place, if the text frames for the
classifieds are unlinked-until-needed, then a person can just go
through the paper starting from page 1, fix each page in order, then
link the text frame on the next page and work through the whole paper
like that.

As the performance problem seems to go away when you're at the end of
the document, that trick should make sure that we're always working at
the "end".

That's the best idea for a work-around that I've heard of or thought of yet.

Thanks loads!