[Scribus] First issue completed but scrolling speed is a major issue

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Sep 27 10:02:34 CEST 2004

On Monday 27 September 2004 07:48, Frank Cox wrote:
> On giving this further thought, I'm wondering if we would gain
> anything by chopping the paper in half.  Get approximately the first
> half of the ads into place in one Scribus document, then get the other
> half together in another document, then somehow stitch them together
> afterward.
>
> I'm thinking there would be two steps here. After laying out the two
> sections of the paper, then add pages 21 through 40 to pages 1 through
> 20.  Then somehow drag the top of the first column of classifieds on
> page 21 back up into page 20 to meet where-ever the last of the first
> 20 pages of classifieds ended.
>
> What do you guys think of that idea?  Is there an easy way to tack two
> (or more) Scribus documents together like that?

You can just import the pages. File Import Pages.

However, I wonder why the ads need to be placed in their approximate places in
the first instance? Import the text, and then dump in the ads? Then text
would flow as required.

Another thing you can try, is, dont use Automatic Text Frames and import the
text into the first frame, place any ads, then link the next frame in, place
any ads. If the text is overflowing in a frame Scribus doesnt have to draw it
anyway so you should gain a lot of speed there.

Craig