[Scribus] automatic form generation using scribus

John Harrold jmh17
Thu Sep 23 21:07:34 CEST 2004

Howdy,

I have something that I've been doing with latex and I was wondering if
scribus might be better to the job. We have an online application here
where students submit information in a web page. The information is stored
in a database and when the secretaries want it, a script pulls the info
from a database, does some search and replace on a latex template, compiles
the latex document and spits out a pdf for printing.

Now for my silly question: Is it possible to create a template in scribus
and with scripts fill in the info for the template and produce a pdf file?

I guess this would require running scribus in a batch mode with no user
interaction. Is this possible?

I'm new to scribus, so I hope you can be patient with me.

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E