[Scribus] Some questions

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Wed Sep 22 19:53:22 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 08:56:17 +1000
Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:

> Hi
>
> > 1. GUI translations. According to http://bugs.scribus.net/trans/ ,
> > some GUI translations seem to be abandoned, or at least forgotten,
> > and are therefore probably unusable in those languages. Those
> > languages are: Basque, Brazilian, Bulgarian, Catalan,   Dutch,
> > Galician, Hungarian, Indonesian, Lithuanian, Spanish, Spanish (LA),
> > and Turkish.
> >
> > Is there something we, enthusiastic Scribus users, can do about it?
> > E.g, I could imagine -- should there really be no one on the list to
> > take care of those languages -- posting to various  national Usenet
> > groups a simple  "Request for translation help" message.
> >

> Well, I'm wondering.. if someone wants to hack the ts/po files, we can
> probably increase the level of translation just by adding in the
> accelerators to the translations and then checking in the GUI.
> Something to look at I think.

Judging by  http://bugs.scribus.net/trans/ ,  there has been no progress
regarding those languages. It's only an assumption, I don't really
_know_ it,  but, apart from Spanish, which is being taken care of, the
other gui translations mentioned above look pretty abandoned. Which is a
pity... There is a new feature request
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1066 , where interested native
speakers can find updated TS files for those languages (provided, they
want to work with ts files, which is only one of 2 available options).
This, and this very easy to follow translation howto
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1066 should give any interested user
a very, very easy start.  What do you think?

br
Maciej