[Scribus] Something not necessarily grand or exciting

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Sep 8 03:27:36 CEST 2004

Today I spent some time (not a lot, really) translating some forms I use
(as a neurologist).  I made many of these over the years, most recently
in latex -- took a while to figure out what I needed, and how to put
things where I wanted them.  Part of the form incorporates some vector
drawings I made with xfig -- fortunately a lot of cloning was involved.
I converted these to EPS files to incorporate into latex, then to PS
with dvips.

It took me so long to get things figured out with latex, I've been too
lazy to modify it for years.  So today, after perhaps no more than an
hour or so, I had a version with Scribus, then a PDF. If anyone wants to
take a look, they're at ftp://nsapsc.com -- there's a .sla and a .pdf of
the same form.  The "stick figure" is something new (neurologists use
this to mark notes about reflexes), and made piece by piece with
Scribus; probably could have made it faster with Inkscape, but I didn't
have that on the computer at the office.

It somewhat surprised me that the .sla file is much bigger than the .pdf
-- must be the EPS files?

Greg Pittman