[Scribus] a very OT question about distros

linuxlingam linuxlingam
Tue Sep 21 18:56:04 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 11:26, Steve Jacobs wrote:
> We're using Knoppix, which has everything Scribus needs. Scribus CVS compiles
> easily and runs great. Really easy to install from the live CD. Just type
> "knx2hd".
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve

great way isn't it, steve! i have also done a similar thing. for about
12 computers. actually, am setting them up for scribus-based and
graphics-art based research and work.

so set each one of them up with knx2h. a couple of things i would like
to point out (am using knoppix3.6)

the openoffice is a special edition, with half-deutch, and half-english.
remove it with 'apt-get remove openoffice.org' and then install the
version/language you want, similarly.

i set up a 40gb debian mirror of the debian tree, on an IDE hardisk,
which i then slapped into a usb casing. i just carry this around, plug
it into any pc, and then do a local apt-get install of the all the
packages i wanna install/upodate:
cinepaint, blender3d, inkscape, etc.

hope more people discover the easy path from win to deb via knoppix.
hope they discover what really makes deb rock; the social contract.

:-)
LL