[Scribus] a very OT question about distros

dee deejay1
Tue Sep 21 12:35:54 CEST 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:12:37 +0200
VAN?K Petr <Petr.VANEK at spordat.cz> wrote:

> hi gang.
>
> at first - I DON'T want to start any flamewar. really don't want to.
> believe me.
>
> I'm planning to have a free time in the woods to relax and coding
> Scribus too ;) My good friend lends me his notebook. I need to install
> some linux distro on it. And now - It's quite clear I don't want to
> install my favourite gentoo because of the short time. I've got old
> suse on CDs... I would like to download some quite new binary distro
> to install. Tell me the name I will have no problems when compilling
> Scribus...(new Qt, automagic stuff, lcms, freetype etc.)

Using PLD Linux Distribution here, Scribus works fine, net install works
good if you have a stable connection, I'll try to package the latest
Scribus CVS this evening...

[droot at auriga /]# rpm -q qt freetype lcms kdelibs
qt-3.3.3-4
freetype-2.1.7-8
lcms-1.13-1
kdelibs-3.3.0-5