[Scribus] Font problem (display and PDF export)

"Buchtík, Michal" BuchtikM
Fri Sep 17 08:57:00 CEST 2004

I have new info, this problem does not appear when i use TTF fonts from
MSWindows (Verdana for example). Only Luxi Sans and other fonts
installed with distribution are problematic. But these fonts contains
ALL characters!

Bucht?k, Michal napsal(a):

Hi, I have problem with CE fonts in text-frame on page.
For example, when i set "Luxi Sans Regular, some characters are
displayed as "rectangles".
Only when I set the "Courier" font, it's OK (Courier 10 doesn? work too)
.

But in story editor (which is set to use "Luxi Sans Regular") everything
is OK.
Export to PDF is the same - Luxi Sans = bad, Courier = OK.

here is screenshot: http://www.dlsystem.cz/scribus-shot.png
<http://www.dlsystem.cz/scribus-shot.png>

I use slackware 10, Scribus 1.2 from linuxpackages.net, Gnome desktop
(switch to KDE is not result)

Thanks for help

Michal

  _____