[Scribus] Windows port

Paul paul
Wed Sep 15 23:16:37 CEST 2004

Hi,

> It would work on Windows like that, sort of.  ;o)

Here is the latest on the native Win32 port.

Due to my employers having had pressure put on them by a vested
interest, they have more or less instructed me to stop doing *any* work
on porting Scribus to any Win32 platform.

There is an additional problem of the Qt libraries for Win32 being a
commercial product/costs money to licence.

As it stands, other than the printing system, just about everything
should compile using Visual Studio. Font handling, as long as it doesn't
go anywhere near the MFC, is pretty straight forward.

Sorry folks. Unless I go insane and buy a Win32 box (which is about as
likely as SCO winning), then a Win32 native port won't come from the
North West of England.

Big business doesn't like Scribus. We must be doing something right!

TTFN

Paul
--
Homer: Donut?
Lisa: No, thanks. Do you have any fruit?