[Scribus] Simple Question ?

BandiPat magicpage91
Sun Sep 12 21:21:50 CEST 2004

Tom2 wrote:
> I have been using Scribus for my newsletters for over a year and have
> never run into this problem before.
>
> Prior to Version 1.2, I had no trouble getting text to "run-around"
> pictures.
>
> Now, it seems that this is defaulted to "off". But i don't know how to
> turn it "on"
> Sorry for this but I want to do another newsletter and fine that the
> pictures don't push the text over like it did before.
>
> This must be something I am missing.
>
> Tom

Tom,
It would probably be best to actually work with your "Properties" window
open while laying things out.  I'm really surprised you haven't done
that already, but it sounds as if you have gotten along quite nicely
without it thus far.  From your menu, go to Tools>Properties to open the
window.  As someone else mentioned already, select the object/graphic to
make it active then in your properties window, click the Shape tab and
at the bottom "Text Flows Around Frame", check that and you're back to
your normal setting.

Again, as someone mentioned, that use to be the default setting, but due
to several of us requesting otherwise, Franz changed it.  As we got more
requests to turn it off by default then on, more of us don't have to
stop our work flow now to adjust that.  Hope it's not too much of an
inconvenience to you.  Afterall, you are the only one to complain about
it before or after the change!  ;o)

Have fun,
Patrick

--