[Scribus] (no subject)

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Sep 8 16:25:21 CEST 2004

VAN?K Petr wrote:

>>>hi again,
>>>
>>>I have been attemting to write a script to do some stuff
>>>

>>for me. I cant find
>>

>>>anything about checking a textbox to see if its overflowing.
>>>

>>I was also unable to find anything on that.
>>

>imho there is no way to know how many lines frame has.
>Scribus doesn't know anything about it.

This can't possibly be true.  First of all, Scribus does know when the
available space in a text box has been exceeded (hence the little figure
in the lower right hand corner). The available space is a function of
the number of lines and the space each line uses up. Even though the
program may not now generate that number (of lines), it should be rather
trivial programming to create it so that Python can look for it. Already
we know that some kind of flag is tripped to make the little overflow
picture.

Greg