[Scribus] bad trouble: could not print at all.

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu
Wed Sep 8 15:07:58 CEST 2004

I spent two days design a publication, and the draft must be printed
tomorrow. I only have this Laserjet ps level 2 printer in the office, if
I could not print it, I'll have to find another good print shop to do it.

1) print with postscript level 3 make the printer puzzle. Nothing gets
printed.
2) print with postscript level 2, nothing gets printed, ghostscript
coredumps.
3) print to a ps file at level 2, 0 byte file created, ghostscript
coredumps.
4) print to a ps file at level 3, upload it to
http://createpdf.adobe.com and Adobe give me back a pdf file. Print the
PDF file by acroread5, the printer busy flash LED for one hour and
prompt "low printer memory". (Print job size is 2.4 MB and printer
memory is 24MB.)
5) export the file as 150 dpi raster image file, print the file using
cups lp(1), result is ugly and hard to recognize, all fonts less than
9pt could not read, not clear.
6) export as svg not tried: I don't have good apps to print in that format.
7) export as PDF file, acroead (both Windows version 6 and Linux version
5) prompt "error number 122" and half of the pulication objects are not
visible (most notibly, the two charts)

So there is no way to print it :(

I don't know why, I am only designing a one page report with two charts
(vector graphics), and scribus takes 10 min to load saved document on my
PIII 800MHz 256 MB memory freeBSD box, and swap memory usage grows very
soon from 0MB to 321MB. Is scribus this CPU hungary?