[Scribus] (no subject)

Craig Ringer craig
Wed Sep 8 14:35:31 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 20:15, Craig Ringer wrote:

> > The function GetTextLength seems to return the amount of
> > caracters. Is there a function to get the number of lines? or if the text fits
> > the box?
>
> Not that I'm aware of. I'm learning to add functions to the scripter
> partly so I can try to implement a 'NeedsReflow(textbox)' function.
>
> > If it cant be done can I add it to todo list?
>
> It's already on my TODO list :-)

I should clarify that the the things I'm interested in adding are a way
of discovering if the text needs more space, and a way of discovering
the /actual/ text currently in the frame, including a way of retrieving
it. As I'm a total novice with programming in the scripter I'm not sure
how successful I'll be.

Petr: Does it seem that those things are likely to be reasonable to do,
or would significant changes to Scribus innards be required?

--
Craig Ringer