[Scribus] svg file exported from openoffice could not import to scribus 1.2

Plinnell scribusdocs
Wed Sep 8 11:56:36 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 09:36, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> Not sure. Please just take a look and let me know if I should file a bug
> for this, or is this a feature (feature support svg file exported from
> openoffice).

A quick look shows some weirdness. The page size is defined in mm, but the
objects in points. I would file a bug with issues.openoffice.org

> This chart I exported form openoffice display just fine in inkscape, but
> if I import it to scribus 1.2 it bombs. First it seems to be too large
> to import and place on A4, but adjust to A0, I find the svg image messed
> up.

Batik displayed it, but also showed out of scale object definitions e.g
28000pts instead of 280.

I opened the SVG in inkscape 0.40cvs and copied the ungrouped bits into a new
inkscape doc. They were huge (A0 sized).  Rescaling was easy and then saving
into a second Inkscape doc then imported fine into Scribus.

A couple of hints: Especially with CJK fonts/text, add these in Scribus. No
viewer could display this properly, except Inkscape (it substituted another
Chinese font correctly)

Set your default font/size in Scribus to match the one, you used in the X/Y
axis. This will make the text import into Scribus much more cleanly.

Hope that helps,
Peter