[Scribus] Some questions

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Tue Sep 7 23:02:37 CEST 2004

Hi all,

a few chaotic questions from an enthusiastic Scribus user:

1. GUI translations. According to http://bugs.scribus.net/trans/ ,  some
GUI translations seem to be abandoned, or at least forgotten, and are
therefore probably unusable in those languages. Those languages
are: Basque, Brazilian, Bulgarian, Catalan,   Dutch, Galician,
Hungarian, Indonesian, Lithuanian, Spanish, Spanish (LA), and Turkish.

Is there something we, enthusiastic Scribus users, can do about it? E.g,
I could imagine -- should there really be no one on the list to take
care of those languages -- posting to various  national Usenet groups a
simple  "Request for translation help" message.

2. According to Peter
http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/09/02/scribus.html?page=2 ,
there are two more confirmations (apart from http://www.twintiertimes.com/ ) of two other weekly papers using
Scribus. Are there some more details? Does anybody on the list know some
other Scribus "success stories" which I could use next time, when a DTP
guy asks me: "OK, but _who_ is using it?". It would be very helpful.

3. The same article, the same comment by Peter: "Scribus has its own RGB
CMYK conversion routines, including ICC support via littlecms, so
whether GIMP has CMYK support is irrelevant." Just to be sure: Can I
really say this next time, a DTP guy mentions the lack of CMYK support
in GIMP (they _always_ do), without being beaten to dust?

br
Maciej